Hello everyone! Today I’m participating in an interview tag-a-thon with a few other authors where we answer questions about us and our work and then tag others to do the same! So without further ado, here are the questions, and of course my answers…
1. What is the working title of your book? When Empires Fall – A Vasser Legacy Novel
2. Where did the idea come from for the book? In the case of When Empires Fall, it was one specific song that I have loved since I was very young that inspired me to write this book. The song is called “Raoul and the Kings of Spain” by Tears for Fears, and it is truly a beautiful song. While I didn’t pull my plot line or anything from the song, this basic idea of “the seventh son of the seventh son comes along and breaks the chain…” is what got me, as did this question posed in the song, “can we ever hope to seek asylum from the bounds of faith and family?” I knew that I wanted to write a novel about a very large, prominent family, an empire of kings in America, well respected and renowned for generations. Until the seventh son of the seventh son broke the chain, and shattered the family to pieces. This is a key, underlying component of When Empires Fall, and the cornerstone for the drama and suspense that ties the entire story together.
3. What genre does your book fall under? Family Saga and Romantic Suspense
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? Wow, well there are a lot of characters in When Empires Fall, but to choose the main six it would be: Michael Fassbender, Ginnifer Goodwin, Bradley Cooper, Deborah Ann Woll, Keira Knightley, and Josh Holloway, respectively.
Grant Vasser Quinn Taylor
Linc Vasser Lynette Shaw
Madison Vasser Wyatt Bailey
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? Explore the dark secrets hidden deep within the prominent Vasser Hotel family as they deal with scandal, deception, lust, and murder.
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? The book has been self-published and is available on Amazon and soon Barnes and Noble.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? Seven months, including outlining.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? The Villa by Nora Roberts, if only because both books focus a family business with great prominence that suffers from a horrific scandal, coupled with a passionate romance story to keep the intensity high.
9. Who or What inspired you to write this book? Read the above answer about the song “Raoul and the Kings of Spain” by Tears for Fears. That song truly is the source of my inspiration for this novel.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? When Empires Fall is extremely character driven and focuses heavily on the family dynamic. Each character deals with their own issues all the while the family as a whole is suffering under the weight of a murderous scandal and deception that runs deep within their own roots.
So there you have it! To check out what other authors had to say, click the links below!
Have been meaning to pick up a copy of When Empires Fall, now I will definitely have to put that on my list of reading priorities, it sounds great and I like that you added the pictures of the cast you would have liked to see in a movie. It sort of lets me see how you envisioned them as I read! Great song by the way!
Thanks Wyatt! Yes, it is an excellent song! 😉
Absolutely… though now you have set my mind a racing wondering who I would have picked for my book…. 😉 Actually, if you don’t mind me asking, what was your favorite quote of from your book and your favorite part to write?
It’s fun to choose actors for our characters, isn’t it? 🙂
My favorite quote is this one: “When you see him, tell the Devil he’d be smart to prepare himself for me. We’re going to rule Hell together, you and I.” –Madison Vasser
She’s my favorite character! And my favorite part to write, hands down, was when Madison and Wyatt (her ex-boyfriend) see each other again after eight years and a bad breakup. It’s pretty volatile lol!
Thank you for asking! 🙂
Great blog! Loved the actors you picked – I can easily envision them slipping seamlessly into the characters you created. Would love to see your book made into a movie!
Thank you! I think all authors hope to one day see their work made into a movie 🙂
I LOVE the actors you chose! They definitely fit your characters perfectly. 🙂
Thanks!! Michael would have to wear contacts to hide those blue eyes of his, but hey, I think he’d be a good Grant 😉
I don’t even think people would notice that. But yes, I think he would too. 🙂
Pingback: The Next Big Thing! | A.D.Trosper
I can’t wait to read this. I’m waiting to see if I win a copy on GoodReads first. Actually, come to think of it, I need to see if that is over. If it is, I didn’t win and need to buy it. 🙂 Love the actors you chose, I can’t wait to see how they fit.
Haha the giveaway ended on September 3rd! Ooh yes, I’ve had these actors picked out pretty much since I started writing the book 😉
Going to buy it then. 🙂